Important Things to Know If You Suffer a Warehouse Stocking Injury

If your job involves stocking inventory at a warehouse, then the risk of workplace injury can be high and can cause you to miss extended periods of work. If you have been injured at work, then make sure to consult with an experienced attorney right away. There are a few important things to know if you suffer a warehouse stocking injury.

What Type of Protection Do California Employees Have?

Whether you have a job that involves physical labor like stocking shelves, or one where you mainly sit at a desk, you have insurance protection. California law requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance to compensate employees injured at work. You must be acting within the scope of your employment when the injury occurs because you can be denied coverage if you are doing something outside of the scope of your employment. If you hurt yourself while stocking shelves, you were acting within the scope of your employment. If you hurt yourself while roller skating in the stock room, you are likely acting outside the scope of your employment.

What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?

Workers’ compensation insurance covers two main things: medical benefits and disability pay. Medical benefits include medical expenses related to the injury suffered, including medical care, treatment, and rehabilitation. If you suffer a workplace injury that causes you to miss more than three days of work or go to the hospital, you are eligible for disability pay. Disability pay is meant to replace most of the regular pay that you are missing due to your absence from work. Disability pay covers two-thirds of an injured employee’s normal pay.

Southern California Personal Injury Help is Here

If you are injured at work in or around Riverside, Oxnard, San Bernadino, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, or another neighborhood in Southern California, then the Accident Defenders are here. We help clients get compensated for their personal injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (323) 591-2829 or contact us online.

Tell Us More About Your Case