Workers Compensation Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
The California Workers’ Compensation system was designed to provide benefits to victims of work accidents or illnesses. Although the system was designed to provide a benefit to California residents, it has now become a money-making machine for Insurance Companies, who regularly deny claims with no real foundation. However, workers comp attorney at Accident Defenders has streamlined the process for many. Having an attorney by your side, especially during the initial phase of the claim, can bend the case towards your side.
Tell Us About Your Case
Our Worker Compensation Lawyer Is Here to Help You!
Whether you wish to receive legal consultation or merely want help with documentation & paperwork, you need to hire a workers compensation attorney now!!
We can help you receive(as per eligibility):
- Permanent total benefits,
- Permanent partial benefits,
- Temporary partial benefits,
- Medical benefits, wage reimbursement benefits, and
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits within no time.
How Can Los Angeles Workers Comp Attorney Help?
Have you recently filed a claim for workers compensation with regard to a workplace injury? Or have you been facing claim denials from the insurance company’s end? However the case, connecting with Accident Defenders is your one-stop solution for any compensation-related issue!! Our highly skilled workers compensation attorney creates a solid case against the defendant (employer or insurance company) and mitigates the liability. Here are some key roles of a workers comp attorney to help the claimant in every possible manner:
- Gathering medical records(relating to workplace injury)
- Conducting legal research
- Taking statements of the claimant, medical experts, physicians, and witnesses at the workplace, and other involved parties
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in the law with workplace accident attorney
- Drafting facts and additional findings which can strengthen the case
- Addressing claimant queries and walking them through worker’s compensation process
- Alert the claimant regarding potential traps or pitfalls(sewed by employer or insurance company)
- Representing the claimant at court hearings, and other legal proceedings
- Negotiating with the worker’s employer on compensation and other settlements
Since our workers comp attorney hold extraordinary negotiation and persuasion skills based on accurate data analysis, they can certainly bend the case in claimant’s favor.
Benefits of Hiring a Workers Compensation Attorney in Los Angeles
If you are filing a workers compensation claim, you must be aware that the employee, employer, and insurance company work hand-in-hand to get to an optimal solution. However, the claimant still require the legal assistance of a workers compensation attorney to support their case and streamline the processes.
Jump to the below-mentioned benefits of hiring a workers comp attorney to get compensation:
- Abide by the eligibility criteria
The workers comp attorney makes the claimant aware of any eligibility exceptions which may ruin the case completely. Accordingly, they discuss miscellaneous circumstances and work with the client to figure out a middle path.
- Assist in seeking the appropriate benefits
The workers compensation attorney tells claimants about all the benefits they must apply for. For example, if you will heal from the injury and get back to work, you are eligible for medical benefits and disability benefits but not vocational benefits.
- Persuade the insurance firm to clear your claim
Even if you are eligible for compensation, the insurance companies do not clear the claim in a single go. A legal entity like workers comp attorney communicates with the insurance company on your behalf to tackle any potential obstacle.
- File an appeal on the claimant’s behalf
If the insurance firm continues with a claim denial, the claimant or their workers compensation attorney require to file an appeal. Having legal expertise and up-to-date knowledge of clauses, your attorney’s appeal can certainly stand firm in front of insurance’s defense attorney.
- Gives you peace of mind
Getting professional assistance from a workers comp attorney allows the claimant to be sure that they will receive full and fair compensation. In addition, these expert entities also protect your legal rights; thus, receiving maximum compensation benefits.
Speak to an Experienced Worker Compensation Attorney in Los Angeles
Honestly, finding a workers comp attorney in Los Angeles can be an easy task but can you really trust any entity for a satisfactory resolution? To not let any trust issue ignite doubt in your mind, it is best to get in touch with Accident Defenders and seek the assistance of a highly experienced workers compensation attorney.
Get your case reviewed
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with us at our office premises: 18345 Ventura Blvd Suite 518 Los Angeles, CA 91356.
- You can also e-mail your queries or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: (323) 818 HURT
Monday-Friday & Sunday: OPERATIONAL 24 HOURS Saturday: CLOSED
Cuts & Lacerations
Inhaling Toxic Fumes
Exposure to Loud Noises
If you are an eligible employee and were hurt on the job in California, chances are, you are entitled to benefits in the form of income replacement and medical care. These benefits are critical to allow injured claimant’s to recover and avoid putting their families at risk of no income.
Per the California Department of Industrial Relations, all California employers must provide workers’ compensation benefits to their employees under the California Labor Code Section 3700. If a business employs one or more employees, then it must satisfy the requirement of the law.
Steps for Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim
1. Report the injury to a Supervisor
Our office always recommends doing this orally and in writing. If your employer does not take your claim seriously, we also recommend that you seek care with your personal doctor to avoid any aggravation of your potential injury.
2. Filing the Actual Claim with your Employer
At this point, your Employer should provide you with a claim form. The California Department of Industrial Relations requires that Employers MUST provide an employee who gets sick or hurt on the job with a workers’ compensation claim form within one working day after the work-related injury or illness is reported.
Employers must also, return a copy of the completed form to the employee within one working day of receipt.
3. File an Application for Adjudication of Claim with your local Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB)
This is a form yo fill out to file your claim with the WCAB when you have a disagreement with you employer or its insurance company about your case and you want it resolved in court.
Of course, there are time constraints for each of these steps. For this reason, it is important to speak with an Attorney to ensure you have not missed the necessary deadlines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Workers’ compensation insurance covers can vary from state to state and are typically determined by different state laws.
Following are some scenarios in which workers’ compensation plans do not cover:
- Injuries received by a fight that an employee started.
- Emotional injuries not accompanied by physical workplace trauma – learn more about mental health in the workplace.
- Injuries an employee gets intentionally.
- Injuries an employee sustains due to being intoxicated in the workplace.