What are Brain Injuries?
Brain injuries refer to any damage or trauma that occurs to the brain, which is the body’s control center. Brain injuries can range from mild, such as a concussion, to severe, such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI).Brain injuries can be caused by a variety of factors, including accidents, falls, sports injuries, violence, tumors, infections, or stroke. The damage can be localized to a specific area of the brain or affect the entire brain. Symptoms of brain injuries can vary depending on the severity and location of the injury. Mild brain injuries may cause headaches, dizziness, confusion, and memory problems, while severe brain injuries can result in coma, permanent disability, or death.
Tell Us About Your Case
Our Brain Injuries Lawyer Is Here to Help You!
Brain Injuries Types
Generally, brain injuries occur and respond differently. Below you will find popular kinds of TBIs that help you understand the intensity of each type:
It’s one of the minor traumatic brain injuries but can end up with serious health concerns. It occurs due to a hit to the body that causes the head to move back & forth. Usually, workers who have served in the manufacturing department, mining, or construction projects have faced this issue.
➤ Brain Contusion
Assuming a technician meets a car accident, and the head hits the steering may result in brain contusions. Another example can be a fall due to a slippery floor or leakage of a drain pipe. Such accidents can give you a bruise ( a mild type of bleeding under the skin). In the worst scenario, if the bleeding doesn’t stop, then you need to get it removed surgically.
➤ Penetrating Brain Injury
When an object breaks the skull is called a penetrating brain injury. Instances like if an employee suddenly had a car accident, and the glass of the broken mirror entered deeply into the scalp. Hence, causes the skull to crack.
➤ Anoxic Brain Injury
This injury occurs due to a lack of oxygen that is necessary for brain functioning. Blood is responsible for carrying oxygen to the brain, and the restriction of blood flow can lead to anoxic brain injury. This sort of brain damage is quite possible in an organization during working hours. Decreased oxygen level is a serious constraint in manufacturing units, and various employees have reported this issue.
Usual Symptoms of Brain Injuries:
- Loss of consciousness
- Changes in mood or personality
- Memory problems or amnesia
- Headache or pressure in the head
- Confusion or disorientation
- Dizziness or balance problems
- Nausea or vomiting
- Blurred vision or ringing in the ears
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing
- Slurred speech or difficulty communicating
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
In severe cases, brain injuries can cause seizures, loss of coordination, or paralysis. If you or someone you know has experienced a head injury and is experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek medical attention right away.
Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney in Los Angeles
Brain injury is a significant concern as it can harm the person physically, emotionally, or behaviorally. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is also known as craniocerebral trauma. It is one aspect of deterioration caused to the brain.
As the term itself implies, it’s a trauma to the head. This kind of damage may not be seen as visible unlike skull fractures or head wounds. Not only intangible but physical incidents can also lead to traumatic brain damage. However, the impact is way more than one can imagine. Common signs of TBI that alter normal brain functions are:
- Loss of consciousness
- Loss of memory post-event (amnesia)
- Major neurological deficits like loss of vision, muscle weakness, change in speech
- Alteration in mental states such as challenges in focusing or slow thinking
Shocking figures over the years have been seen. TBI has adversely affected millions of Americans, targeting ages 12 to 18 years and 25 to 55 years. Mortality rates have increased six times higher after Covid-19. Ultimately, 13.5 million people are suffering from this disability.
Possibly, it may concern you about the medical bills. Though, medical costs can vary as per the individual severity case. In addition, one of the key causes of TBI is due to an unhealthy workplace environment.
A dramatic change in the person due to assaults or biasedness occurring in the workplace can lead to TBI and surely not be overlooked. Many families have lost their loved ones due to undesirable practices happening in the organizations. Without a doubt, the loss is unbearable.
Before it’s too late, you need a reliable brain injury attorney in Los Angeles who can help you get justice and maximum compensation. Accident Defenders help you meet the best brain injury advocate possessing knowledge and experience.
Our brain injury attorneys in Los Angeles have dealt with back-to-back complicated cases and accomplished in providing the fullest satisfaction. Send your query by filling out our e-form available on the site!
How Can a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Help?
It’s the responsibility of the organization to help if any of its employees are hurt during working hours ( whether inside premises or outside). A TBI attorney helps you get the claim if the negligent actions or wrongdoings are ignored by the management.
Similarly, authorities such as the team lead, team manager, HR, or CEO must be accountable for the brain injury occurring during office hours. Hence, if such acute concerns are not given adequate attention, then our brain injury attorney in Los Angeles is the right person to look for justice.
Our experts will analyze the cause of the accident. If an individual or company is responsible for the actions, they will support your case and ensure to get a justified claim.
Why Choose Our Los Angeles Brain Injury Attorney
1: Aid in Accumulating Evidence and Building a Robust CaseAs you know, brain injury changes the lives of both the injured person and the people who care for them. Moreover, these cases are very complicated. This fosters you to hire our competent Los Angeles brain injury attorney to create a powerful case that is in favor of the victim. Hence, solicitors help you get money and medical care based on individual cases. Reach out to our attorneys to collect indisputable evidence that is key to revealing the severity of the case in the eyes of the law.
2: Fight for the Highest Compensationbrain injuries can harm your overall health and ruin your quality of life. Our skilled yet experienced attorney can assist you in determining the extent of your injuries and fighting for the compensation you deserve. At Accident Defenders, our specialized brain injury litigators will make sure that your compensation covers all of your present medical expenditures as well as all of your future medical costs, such as medical therapies, appointments, transportation, and more.
3: Support Complete Yet Genuine Diagnosis and TreatmentGenuine diagnosis and treatment are vital for recovery. Early detection and treatment will help you recover as quickly as possible. A traumatic injury should only be identified and treated by doctors who specialize in brain injuries. Our professional relations with renowned physicians, traumatic brain injury surgeons, and neuropsychologists help you get reliable treatment and care. We recommend you choose us to help you connect with our specialists offering the best medical care. This will aid in the quality diagnosis and speed up the process of collecting the most compensation from your insurance company.
4: Lifetime Compensation in Case of Permanent DisabilityTBI can be permanent, resulting in irreparable damage from which the victim can never fully recover. In such scenarios, you’ll require continuing medical attention and compensation for living. Fortunately, our legal practitioners assess the whole range of treatment required for someone living with a traumatic brain injury. If your damage is permanent, we will fight to the fullest to receive all of the benefits and compensation you deserve for the rest of your life. Here at Accident Defenders, our professional brain injury litigators make it convenient for you to make a wise decision. So call us today and book your free consultation: +1-323-818-4878
Tell Us About Your Case
Whether you have been injured at work or are experiencing brain injury lawyers , we are prepared to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You have symptoms of a brain injury.
- The insurance company said they won’t pay for your damages.
- You need assistance in proving who is responsible for the injury.
- You need help figuring out how much money you lost because of the injury.
- Your claim involves a mistake made by a healthcare professional.
- Concussion: It is a type of brain injury that happens when you get hit in the head. It usually occurs when someone in jobs like manufacturing, mining, or construction gets hit, causing their head to move back and forth.
- Brain Contusions: When a worker gets into a vehicle accident, and their head hits the steering wheel, it can lead to brain contusions. Brain contusions can also happen in other situations, like when someone slips on a slippery floor or due to a leaky drain pipe.
- Penetrating Brain Injury: It happens when something goes through the skull. For example, if a person gets into a car accident at work and a piece of broken glass goes deep into their head, it can cause the skull to crack.
- Anoxic Brain Injury: It occurs when the brain doesn’t receive enough oxygen to function properly. This can happen when the flow of blood, which carries oxygen to the brain, is restricted. In workplaces, such as manufacturing units, there can be a serious problem with decreased oxygen levels, leading to anoxic brain injury.
- The value of a head injury claim majorly depends on the specific facts and severity of the injury.
- Compensation for moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries may cover the costs of future long-term care for any permanent disability due to the accident.
- Compensation includes economic (special) and noneconomic (general) head injury costs.
- Economic damages involve payment for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and future income and benefit loss.
- Noneconomic damages include compensation for disfigurement, pain, emotional distress, disability, and the loss of enjoyment of life.
- In fatal head injuries, the victim’s family may seek compensation for wrongful death.
- This compensation includes payment for final medical bills, funeral and burial costs, and compensation for the victim’s loss of love, guidance, support, and companionship.